North Ottawa Wellness Foundation
Programs & Projects
Programs & Projects
Our community partners are supporting their neighbors, customers, clients and patients with exciting projects and programs to support well-being. Please check this page often to learn about community events and collaborative efforts to support the the health and vitality of our community members.
Parks offer healing, antidote for stress
Upcoming News & Events
In The MOMENT
Learn to embrace and respond to life’s everyday stressful moments with skill and intention in our free e-book.
Mindfulness in the Tri-Cities
Grand Haven Area Community Foundation / Tri-Cities College Access Network Pilot Mindful Schools Lessons
- Central High School
- Spring Lake High School – Independent Living Class
- Peach Plains Elementary School
- White Pines Middle School
- Lakeshore Middle School
- Grand Haven High School
- West Michigan Academy of Arts & Academics
Grand Haven Area Public Schools
- Providing Mindfulness lessons to all 5th and 7th graders as part of its comprehensive K-12 effort to address social and emotional wellness.
- Providing Mindfulness education to counselors and social workers.
- Ongoing Mindfulness classes for parents, preschoolers and teens
- Mindfulness lessons within summer camps for pre-schoolers, teens, and counselors
- Worksite Wellness Programming
YMCA Collaboration with Chamber of Commerce & Shape Corp.
- Providing educational series, “Navigating Stress in your Organization and Beyond”
Shape Corporation’s Fitness Factory
- Ongoing Mindfulness Challenges
- Eight-week stress reduction series offered annually
- Leadership Teams (Nissan Business Unit, Diversified Business Unit) participate in six hours of Mindfulness training
- Take 5 Guided Relaxation Video on computer desktops
- Various mindfulness classes offered annually
NOCH Clinical Team Mindfulness Exploration FY 2018
- Primary care and Specialist practice Integration
- Employee Wellness programmatic Integration
- Community Education Seminar Series
Ottawa Area Intermediate School District
- Mindfulness education within professional development offerings and general programming
Your Donations in Action
Thank you for considering a donation to support the mission of the North Ottawa Wellness Foundation. The North Ottawa Wellness Foundation is a component fund within the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation. Donations to the North Ottawa Wellness Foundation will support programs in our community that align with our mission and address one or more of the four wellness areas of
Effective Stress Management & Emotional Balance, Exercise, Movement & Quality Sleep, Clean Food & Nutrition, Helping Self, Helping Others